Methodist Girl’S High School is a educational girls school located in Lagos. Having provided – and continue providing – quality education for students for over a 100 years, we clearly understand that boarding students tend to be more self-reliant and dedicated to their studies. Consequently, we set up one of the best boarding schools in Lagos and Nigeria.
Aside from the fact that boarding schools encourage students to concentrate on their studies, there are other good reasons you should enrol your child in a boarding school. First of all, a boarding school will make it possible for your child to learn how to live in unity with people of different backgrounds and cultural beliefs.
Secondly, your child will be able to build his or her communication and networking skills within a short period. In most boarding schools in Nigeria, students live together, work together on tasks, and have regular conversations with one another; all these help them to improve their communication skills, as well as other essential soft skills.
BOARDING HOUSE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Girls must go to the Dining Hall on time and eat the food served, and girls must observe table manners during meals.
- No food must be taken out of the Dining Hall.
- Girls in the Healing Bay will be attended to by only the School Nurse.
- Dormitories must be kept clean and tidy always, with beds well-laid out.
- Girlsmust talk in low tones and behave with decorum always.
- No girl must remove any school property from the Dormitories and/or Dining Hall.
- Clothes must not be hung on railings and windowsills.
- Only articles specified on the boarding house list must be brought to school and must be clearly marked with owner’s name.
- No student must be found with additional pocket money, apart from the one kept with the housemistress.
- No student must bring provisions or any other contraband to the hostel.
- No student must be seen with more than #100 at a time.
- All boarding house students must wear their Boarders’ Badge (B- Badge).
No boarder should bring in any mufti, apart from school uniform and school
- Only students whose parents have presented written request will be allowed out of the school hostel. Girls must return to the hostel,not later than 6:00p.m., whether on permission or resumption from holiday. However, a girl’s Exeat could be revoked if found to be of any untoward behaviour.
- No girl must leave the boarding house without Exeat.
- Letters from parents concerning medical appointments should reach the Principal at least a week in advance.
- No girl will be given Exeat to participate in any social engagement during school time.
- All Exeats must be presented at the request of the security personnel.
- Boarders are allowed visitors ONLY on the 2nd Sunday of every month.
- Boarders will receive their visitors, in their HouseWear, from 2:00p.m to 6:00p.m.
- If for a valid reason, a parent needs to see a student, he/she must call at the Principal’s office or call the housemistress, if it is weekend.
Parents are not allowed in the Healing Bay.